October 8, 2008

14 Years of Marriage


The past 14 years have flown by. Don't get me wrong...those first few years were looooong! Even though the time has flown by, it feels like we've been together forever - in that I'm-a-part-of-you-and-you're-a-part-of-me way.

Doug and I have both learned that there is no magical love that will keep people married for a lifetime. It takes hard work, determination and commitment. Oh, and a sense of humor!

I am definitely the stubborn one in this relationship. Doug has always been willing to work on himself rather than try to change me.

In the Seinfeld Episode, "The Andrea Doria" Elaine (referring to the bad breaker upper) says, "Well, you know when you break up, how you say things you don't mean? Well, he says the mean things you don't mean, but he means them. "

Not with Doug. He has never said a cruel word to me.

I'm one lucky girl!! Here's to 14 more happy years!!

4 comments:

D.Lake said...

You're the best, the best!

I love how you squeezed in a Seiny reference. My love for you grows!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! I'm proud to say I was there to witness your beautiful wedding and stand up with you guys. Isn't funny how the first year feels like a lifetime and the rest you can hardly remember which year was which?

Fifi said...

Hello ...good to meet you!

Congrats on the 14 years..... we've also just celebrated our 14th anniversary! Look forward to learning more about your sweet fam!

Love Fifi

Denise said...

Congratulations!! I checked out your blog after seeing you on Monica's blog "From Mourning to Dancing". I love your blog. Very cute and humorous. Thanks for sharing!