December 31, 2007

Our Last Day of Buying New


Today was our last day of buying anything new for a year. It felt like the day before starting a diet where you have to get it all in before restricting yourself. Our shopping today wasn't, however, purely indulgent. We had gift cards to use up! We...
  • - Used Gianna's Walmart gift card...she bought a doll, a play cell phone, Chutes and Ladders and a Cinderella crown...all new.
  • - Used the Kohls gift cards we were given for Christmas for clothes...all new.
  • - Used a Gap gift certificate for clothes for Doug...all new.
  • - Bought re-chargeable batteries.
In honor of our 12 month commitment, I bought this brand spankin' new t-shirt. I love it. It even has sparkles...

7 comments:

Marianne said...

This sounds great! Hoping that this goes well and isn't too hard.

Jen Moz said...

You're such a goof! Love the new shirt.

Sarah said...

I dig your t-shirt, Melissa! I also dig your challenge. I'm inspired and excited to be in your fan club this year. :)

D.Lake said...

You're freakin' Hot!

free2bmom said...

I am inspired. I think you will see God's provision more this year than you ever have before...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's a big step! I found your blog through the Mama's on the Compact site - I've been considering compacting for a while myself. I look forward to following your adventures. Perhps I'll be inspired enough to jump in with both feet. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Love the shirt. I am a fellow January '08 beginning compactor.