February 12, 2008

Remembering Charlie


Charlie died yesterday. Charlie was a beautiful, gentle golden retriever with incredibly kind eyes.

He could be relentless when he wanted attention. If there was any chance that you might pet him, he would nudge your hand until you did. The only escape was to sit on your hands. Now I wonder why anyone would want to miss the chance to pet Charlie.

Charlie loved going for walks and was loved by many friends that he met on his daily walks to the coffee shop.

My dad, my step-mom and mostly my sister, Kate, owned Charlie. But, Charlie owned a piece of all of our hearts.

Goodbye, sweet Charlie. We love you.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I'm so sorry. He looks so sweet.

Shadow said...

I'm so sorry to see that you lost your good friend. May you cherish the memories.